1. Gonstead is specific. We take the time to thoroughly assess your spine and determine where your problem is coming from. A very important part of this is figuring out which areas need to be adjusted when and what areas are problematic but are in fact compensating for the true subluxations. We then take just as much care in specifically correcting your subluxations in the most biomechanically advantageous way we can find to suit you as an individual.
2. We can adjust any joint in your body. Because we understand the mechanics of how each joint functions in your body, a Gonstead chiropractor can find and correct subluxations in areas outside of the spine including but not limited to knees and ankles, shoulders and elbows.
3. We take our own x-rays. X-rays can be very important in determining how to best correct your unique subluxations. They are also used to rule out any underlying conditions. We go to great efforts to position you very precisely so we know when we are looking at your x-rays, we have the whole story. Many people are quite amazed at how much can be determined from your x-rays about the story of your life to date.
4. A Gonstead adjustment is in exactly the best direction to have the strongest impact on the brain. Part of the importance of each chiropractic adjustment is in the ability it has to reset the brain. Research so far seems to be suggesting that a deep adjustment from the back to the front has the greatest impact on the brain. To me, this suggests that in order to truly reset and repattern the brain, a Gonstead adjustment should result in changes occuring much faster than adjustments employing less of this particular part of the adjustment.
5. We consider your whole body. Part of taking x-rays, listening to your story and checking your whole spine is that your body is a system - everything affects everything else. When we adjust you, we look to see how other parts of your body are likely to respond to each adjustment. Certain parts of your spine tend to make certain organs work faster or slower. Knowing what affect this is likely to have on you often helps your body to normalise certain bodily functions just by choosing what to adjust and what not to adjust at any given time. / Gonstead chiropractors spend a lot of extra time outside of university learning how to precisely find and optimally correct subluxations anywhere in the body. At Heart Chiropractic we are proud to be Gonstead Chiropractors. ~Bel
Giving you my honest opinion on all things health related. Keeping it real and from the heart.